Something Wicked This Way Comes...
- Two random draws pick the best, or if both are poor players can take the 'standard draw':
2d12, 4d10, 2d10, 4d8, 3d8, 1d8, 4d6, 3d6, 2d6, 2d4
- Normal skill points i.e. sum of your Cognition, Knowledge and Smarts die types, but skills are capped at 3
- No concentrations, each skill must be purchased individually.
- Add Swimmin' at level 1 to starting skills. The Can't Swim hindrance negates this, and must be bought off before purchasing points in Swimmin'.
- No Fannin' skill, fanning the hammer is still a manoeuvre.
- Marksman skill (p78 Texas Rangers book) is available.
- Gunplay skill (p46 Law Dogs book) is available. As are Trade: Forgin' and Trade: Gunsmithin' from the same book.
- Quick Draw is universal, but can only be applied to small, single-handed weapons e.g. pistols, knives etc.
- Creating a 'Worst Nightmare' is optional, but can earn up to 5 points to your pool.
- No Arcane Backgrounds at character creation. All Arcane Backgrounds are now 5 point edges (instead of 3). New powers, be that hexes, miracles, gifts etc. now cost 10 points (instead of 5). Increasing your specialised skill (Hexslingin', Faith etc.) does not grant new powers.
- The new Arcane Background (Hero) is a 5 point edge as noted above. The associated Knack abilities cost 10 points each (must buy in ascending order starting with the white chip ability).
- No Knacks can be purchased, but can be gained through a Mysterious Background i.e. joker pull.
- Restricted Hindrances: Ailin' (Levels 3 and 5), Bad Ears (5), Bad Eyes (5), Big Un (1 and 2), Death Wish, Ferner, Geezer (5), Grim Servant o' Death, Kid (4), Lame (5), One-armed bandit, Pacifist (5), Wanted (3-5)
- Restricted Edges: All Arcane Backgrounds, Belongings (possible exception of rank 1), Dinero, Friends in High Places, Law Man, Renown, Sidekick, Veteran of the Weird West